Welcome to Tinkercad Beta!
We’re extremely excited for you to try the next generation of Tinkercad! Based on feedback from our users, we’re re-building the app from the ground up to improve on existing features and introduce some new ones.
New look and functionality
Tinkercad Beta is trying out a new look and feel, as well as some new functionality to help boost efficiency and ease of use.
View Cube + new Ortho view
Click on different parts of the View Cube to get a look at your design from any angle. We’ve added an Ortho viewing mode, which makes it easy to see perfect sections and plans of your creations.
Overhauled Moving and Resizing
Now you can directly type in any dimensions when moving or resizing an object.
Now you can share the link to your design with a friend and work on it at the same time!
Version history Click release for more details
- New login experience.
- Added ability to share designs to MyMiniFactory.
- Added ability to share a screenshot of a design to Facebook.
- Migrated Project Ignite lessons to tinkercad.com/learn
- Many bug fixes under the hood, a few on the surface.
- Download a snapshot of your design.
- Unlimited undo/redo.
- More resilient data saving and optimized data transfer size to benefit lower bandwidths.
- Fixed washed out shapes and grid in the editor.
- SVG Import option supports art or artboards.
- Added support to export Minecraft schematic files from Safari.
- Many fixes for Touch support.
- Refactored UI: tooltips and tab ordering.
- Material change hint when exceeding 1000x1000x1000mm boundary limit; message when grouping out of bounds.
- Material optimization to reduce bandwidth payloads.
- Added Upload to Thingiverse as a Sharing option.
- Improved zoom control on Macs with a scroll wheel.
- Align tool logic bug fix for interactive alignment options.
- Ruler fix for snapping less than 1mm.
- Many small bugfixes.
- Improved “Saving” and “All changes saved” messaging to user so it is always accurate.
- Improvements for inaccurate “Lost Connection” overlay, and data saving.
- Backend: Design thumbnails now generated with a different logic.
- Tinkercad site and Beta editor localized for 14 languages!
- Localization for Basic Skills lessons.
- New Editor Dashboard for loading recent designs, editing design, properties, creating new designs, deleting designs.
- Added Community Shape Generators.
- Zoom navigation buttons and hotkeys.
- Added Bevel parameters for Cylinder/Tube/Polygon/Tube.
- Added new connector shapes.
- Major performance improvements for duplicate, copy, paste.
- Numerical entry fixes: support leading decimals, commas for decimals (EU).
- Storing Lesson progress; Resume capable.
- Many small bug fixes, STL/SVG import fixes, and design migration to Beta fixes.
- Collaboration update: Editing design title doesn’t invalidate share link; share links expiry extended to 2 weeks.
- Document loading progress indicator.
- Zoom improvement.
- Fix the vertical handle orientation issue.
- Lesson viewer bug fixes.
- Export support for IE11, Firefox and Safari.
- STL import improvements.
- Enable mouse right dragging to orbit while placing workplane.
- Add image and voronoi in featured shape generators.
- Multi-language text bug fixes.
- New Shape Generator Tab: Create and edit your custom Shape Generator with code.
- Text Shape now supports many languages.
- Added shape favoriting and Favorites category.
- Added Disconnected state so user may not inadvertantly lose work.
- Improved SVG import of curve accuracy.
- Increased max sides of cylinder, cone, and and pyramid to 64 sides.
- Improvements to Tinkercad Beta lessons.
- Improved memory performance and various bug fixes.
- Migration: Copy to Beta enabled in your Dashboard. Convert your Tinkercad designs to Tinkercad Beta!
- New Minecraft tab: View/configure your Tinkercad Beta designs in the new Minecraft tab
- New Minecraft tab: Export your voxelized design with size and materials as a schematics file for import into Minecraft via MCEdit
- Drill down: Many fixes for drill down (opening and editing a group)
- Ruler: Added menu to toggle measuring to midpoint or endpoint
- Lessons: Beta lessons are added to the user’s Dashboard in the Lessons tab
- Lessons: Moderators can review children’s Dashboard
- Export: Improved the performance
- SVG: improved SVG import capability
- Shape generator: Improved the shape generator evaluation
- Ortho camera: Fixed cut off issue
- Resize: fixed the shift resize behavior
- Improved camera fit function
- Notification: Notifications for Importing/Exporting and showing timely error message.
- Import/Export: Import and Export work in the background, do not lock up the editor.
- Lock: Improved selection status for mixed locked and unlocked objects.
- Ruler: Fixed the ruler dismiss issues and other bugs.
- Ruler: Scaling of the ruler graphics for improved usability.
- Copy/Paste: Improved Copy/Paste behaviors.
- Alt Copy: Pressing the Alt key while moving or rotating it will make a copy of that object.
- Dimension: Auto-save dimension change with some delay.
- Improved scaling of SVG export/import.
- Units: Added Inch option.
- Grid Settings: Predefined presets and customizable Grid size.
- Transparent: Added Transparent Toggle in Color Palette.
- Hole: Improved hole effect when overlapping with other objects.
- Export: Fixed option to “download selected shapes”.
- Move: Improved move stickiness to avoid an unintentional move.
- Alt-Move/Rotate: Enabled Alt-Move/Rotate to create a copy object.
- Shift + rectangle select to toggle selection/de-selection.
- Multiple Bug fixes for Group drill down, Ruler, Shapes Panel, Locked objects.
- Less likely to invoke rotation handles when resizing (thanks Beta participants who reported this).
- Combined Undo/Redos for successive nudges with arrow keys.
- Many bug fixes and performance improvements.
- Drill Down: Enabled basic support for drill down selection
- Performance: Improved performance to faster load designs, copy/paste, duplicate
- Copy and Paste: Supported copy and paste objects across browser windows
- Orbit: Improved Camera orbit easing
- Ruler: Fixed bunch of Ruler related issues
- Side Panel: Fixed the issues by switching Workplane/Ruler and objects for dragging and drop
- Side Panel: Highlighting items in side panel while dragging
- Notification: Show “n of edits” being saved in the updating message
- Save: Saved designs with Camera viewpoint, Workplane and Ruler state
- Limit the objects not move out too far away from workplane
- A lot bug fixes
- Code refactor for Performance improvements.
- Align tool: Enable aligning with align tool reference lines.
- Align tool: Enable selecting an object to pin it while aligning objects.
- Basic support for Firefox.
- Snap Grid: Nudge increment when snapping is off is .01mm.
- Workplane: The default workplane is always in the center of the editor.
- Fix to allow delete/copy/paste/duplicate/nudge the object or rotate the canvas, if mouse hover on the resize/rotate gizmo of the object.
- Fixed disappearing OBJs, when “Select All”.
- Fix so objects will not be placed under the shape panel.
- Memory leak fix for complex designs; less memory used for loading designs and copying/pasting objects.
- Many small bugfixes and improvements.
- Overall responsiveness of the editor.
- Brand new layout of the app for easier, intuitive tinkering.
- Direct entry of dimensions on moving, scaling, and rotating an object or group
- Simultaneous collaborating on a design
- Addition of the View Cube for navigation
- Toggle between perspective and orthogonal views of your design
- New, responsive shapes with adjustable parameters
- Redesigned Ruler helper
- Added Transparency option for material
- Object locking and unlocking behaviors
- Object hiding and “Show All”
- More robust SVG import
- Obj import and export (supporting material colors)
Tinkercad Beta is a work-in-progress, so some features may not yet exist or be fully functional.
- [General] Tinkercad Beta currently only supports the Chrome browser. Firefox has some basic support.
- [General] Tinkercad Beta does not yet support touch devices.
- [General] Large files in Tinkercad Beta may show some performance issues compared to Tinkercad.
- [General] Undo and redo only supports 20 steps.
- [Modeling] If an object is resized manually, its parameter dimensions will not match those in the editor.
- [Import/Export] May not work in browsers other than Chrome.
- [Multicolor/Transparent/Group] Unexpected results for the mixed scenarios.
- Copy to Beta will not yet maintain whether it is in a project
- Mac 10.9.5+Chrome 53 and 54 version now: rendering issue
Tinkercad keyboard shortcuts
|/ / /||Move object(s) along X/Y|
|ctrl + /||Move object(s) along Z|
|Shift + / / /||×10 Nudge along X/Y|
|ctrl + Shift + /||×10 Nudge along Z|
|Keyboard + Mouse shortcuts. (Press and hold the keys, then click or drag the mouse.)|
|Alt + drag left mouse button||Duplicate dragged object(s)|
|Shift + left mouse button||Select multiple object(s)|
|Shift + hold while rotating||45° rotation|
|Alt + hold side handle||Scale (1D)|
|Alt + hold corner handle||Scale (2D)|
|Shift + hold corner handle||Scale (3D)|
|Shift + Alt + hold corner handle||Scale (3D)|
|Shift + Alt + hold top handle||Scale (3D)|
|H||Hole turn object(s) into Holes|
|S||Solid turn object(s) into Solids|
|ctrl + L||Lock or Unlock object(s)|
|ctrl + H||Hide object(s)|
|ctrl + shift + H||Show All hidden object(s)|
|Right mouse button||Orbit the view|
|Ctrl + left mouse button||Orbit the view|
|Shift + right mouse button||Pan the view|
|ctrl + Shift + left mouse button||Pan the view|
|scroll wheel||Zoom the view in or out|
|+ or =||Zoom-in|
|F||Fit selected object(s) into the view|
|Tools and commands|
|ctrl + C||Copy object(s)|
|ctrl + V||Paste object(s)|
|ctrl + D||Duplicate object(s) in place.
(Repeat with move, rotate and scaling for interesting effects.)
|ctrl + Z||Undo action(s)|
|ctrl + Y||Redo action(s)|
|ctrl + Shift + Z||Redo action(s)|
|ctrl + G||Group object(s)|
|ctrl + shift + G||Un-group object(s)|
|M||Flip (or Mirror) objects(s)|
|ctrl + A||Select All object(s)|
|W||Workplane place a workplane|
|R||Ruler place a ruler|
|D||Drop object(s) to the work plane|
|ctrl = Cmd / Alt = Option|
Get started with Tinkercad
Registering an account is free and takes only a few seconds!